HighlightsGovernment communications is transforming. New technologies and platforms are changing how we engage citizens and affect their behaviour, but with these new opportunities come new questions:
• Disinformation and misinformation now spread further and faster than ever before; how can we ensure government’s messages reach the public and that discussion is driven by the facts?
• Can voice build more meaningful connections with citizens?
• How can data analysis offer new opportunities for unparalleled transparency and increasingly intelligent audience engagement?
• With the Fourth Industrial Revolution no longer fast-approaching but very much upon us, how do we future-proof our workforce to excel in this digital age?
• GDPR is now in force. Have we entered a new era of data regulation and communications ethics?
Read full report
Co-authored by the WPP Government and Public Sector Practice and the GCS, The 5 Trends in Leading-Edge Communications brings together learnings from across the private and public sector to future-proof government communications. Launched at the GCS’s Communications Academy it’s designed to answer the future’s big questions and embed best practices for dealing with them across the GCS.